‘JHAKAAS HEROINE CONTEST’
‘Jhakaas Heroine Contest’ (“Contest”) will be held and promoted on 9X Jhakaaas, a Channel and website owned and operated by 9X Media Private Limited (“9X”) and on social media sites like facebook, twitter, youtube, etc. Participants can participate by logging onto the website via web or on mobile on www.jhakaasheroine.com and can submit only one portfolio video of any length as stated hereunder:
- Viewers/ participants interested in participating in the Contest can do so through logging onto the website via web or on mobile on www.jhakaasheroine.com once done, viewers/ participants can submit only one portfolio video of any length.
- The Contest will be held on the Channel and website from 1200 hrs (IST) on 03.08.2015 and shall conclude at 1200 Hrs (IST) on 22.08.2015 (both inclusive).
- The Contest is open for the female viewers/participants only, of the age group between 18 years to 25 years, only, residents of Maharashtra only.
Viewers/participants, who are interested in participating and qualifying in the Contest, will be required to log on to the Site during the aforementioned dates and times or watch the Channel.
- On accessing the Site, the Users will be required to fill up a form on the website www.jhakaasheroine.com.
- Participants shall upload their portfolio in terms of images – maximum 5 images, Format - .JPEG.
- Participants shall submit two video of any length.
- Participants/winners cannot use abusive/foul, defamatory, deliberate language and anything obscene/ derogatory and affecting integrity of the Nation, President and Judiciary in the entries. Such entries would be disqualified.
- Any obscene/ derogatory entries will be disqualified.
With respect to the Contest, 9X shall select) 1 (One) winner only, among the viewer/contestant (s), who has validly participated in the contest
Selection Process -
- 9X shall select 60 deserving candidates from total entries received by 9X, at 9X's discretion.
- 60 selected contestants to be called at the venue, at 9X's discretion.
- Then, 9X shall select 30 deserving candidates out of 60 candidates as stated above in cl. a, at 9X's discretion.
- Then, 9X shall select 10 deserving candidates out of 30 candidates as stated above in cl. c, at 9X's discretion.
- Final auditions amongst the top 10 contestants, include Grooming in Acting, Dance and Personality, at 9X's discretion.
- Knock out competition to arrive at the #1 talented and lucky participant chosen for the Jhakaas Heroine, by 9X, at its discretion.
9X will announce the winners on the website www.jhakaasheroine.com and 9X Jhakaas Channel, in the month of September, 2015 and that, in any case, will not be later than October, 2015. The winner(s) will be contacted by 9X.
- On the mobile number provided by winner(s)/ Participant, who has validly participated in the Activity/ Contest within thirty (30) days from the date of announcement of the winner(s) on the website. For the avoidance of doubt, it is clarified that 9X will call the winner(s) up to a maximum of 3 (three) times. In case the winners are not available or refuses to disclose the information as may be required by 9X for the purpose of the Activity/ Contest, 9X shall not be responsible for the same and the winner(s) shall not be entitled for the Prize.
- On the email ID provided by the Winners, The Winners shall be required to respond to the e-mail sent by 9X by replying back to the e-mail sent by the 9X within a period of 72 (seventy two) hours of sending of the e-mail by 9X. In case the Winners are not available to respond and confirm within 72 (seventy two) hours of the e-mail being sent to the Winners and/ or refuses to disclose the information as may be required by 9X any and all information as may be required by the 9X for the purpose of the Activity/ Contest, then the Winners shall forfeit his/ her right forever to receive the Prize and 9X shall not be responsible for the same under any circumstance whatsoever. For the purpose of clarity, it shall be the sole responsibility of the Winners to check the names of the Winner on the Site and on their e-mail and respond within 72 (seventy two) hours from the time the mail is sent to the Winners.
- It shall be the sole responsibility of the participant (s), to check the names of the winners on the website.
- The winners of the Contest will be selected by 9X at 9X’s sole discretion.
- 9X and/or Channel will not be responsible for any technical default or unavoidable circumstances or any other reason of whatsoever nature that may be faced by the viewers/participants during the time of their participation in the Contest.
- The Channel and/or 9X reserves the right to withdraw the Contest and/or change the timing and/or date of the Contest or otherwise at any time without giving any prior notice thereof to the viewers and/ or participant, and /or otherwise.
- All and any incidental costs direct and/or indirect, if any, in relation to the Contest, shall be borne by the viewers/participants and in no manner whatsoever shall 9X and/or Channel be responsible for the same.
For the purpose of these rules,
“Prize” means an opportunity for the final winner to be the lead actress of Swapnil Joshi's upcoming movie which is yet to be titled.
- All applicable taxes shall be borne by the winners alone.
- The Viewers/participants/Winners agree that the footage of any nature with regard to the Winners and entries/character, Idea, video, if any shall vest with the 9X, including but not limited to all intellectual property rights and any other rights for worldwide and in perpetuity. 9X have the rights to repurpose, republish Viewers/participants/Winners entry content submitted by Participants on its of our platforms.
- The Contest is open for the female viewers/participants only, of the age group between 18 years to 25 years, only, residents of Maharashtra only to qualify for the Contest.
- The participant(s)/winner(s) should not have criminal conviction, at any time.
- Participant(s)/winner(s) cannot use abusive /foul, defamatory, deliberate language and anything obscene/ derogatory and affecting integrity of the Nation, President and Judiciary in the entries. Such entries would be disqualified.
- Proof of age is a must for the participant (s)/winner(s) and must be submitted to the Channel (i.e., Birth Certificate, 10th Class leaving Certificate/ School certificate/ passport/ an affidavit signed by a magistrate).
- The participant(s) and/ or the winner(s) shall at all times be liable to sign and submit to the Channel any declarations and/or documents as required to be executed by the Channel with reference to the Contest. Non-acceptance by any participant(s) and/or the Winner(s) of the declarations and/or documents stated herein will disqualify them from participation or winning, immediately, as the case may be.
- The Channel reserves all rights to make amendments to the existing rules without any prior notice.
- The outcome of the Contest made by the Channel regarding the Contest shall be final and binding on the participant(s) and/ or Winner(s) and in no event shall the participant(s)/ Winner(s) dispute the decision made by 9X, Channel and/or its employees in connection to the Contest.
- Non-conformance by any participant (s) and/or the Winner(s) of the rules of the Contest will disqualify them from participation or winning, immediately, as the case may be.
- The Winner(s) of the Contest agree that he/she shall make himself/herself available from time to time and co-operate with the Channel and participate in any activity and/or campaign ("Promotional Activity") of any nature whatsoever without any money payable to the Winners, if requested by 9X. Further, the Winners shall at no point of time refuse or disagree to participate in any such Promotional Activity for any reason whatsoever.
- The Winners agree that the footage of any nature with regard to the Winners, video, shall vest with the Channel, including but not limited to all intellectual property rights and any other rights for worldwide and in perpetuity.
- The Winner(s) cannot exchange the Prize for cash equivalent. If the Winner(s) refuse to accept the Prize offered, the Channel shall be released from all obligations towards the Winner(s) in connection to the Prize won by the Winners. Further, after forfeiting the Prize, the Channel shall at its own discretion be entitled to randomly select and declare other winner(s), as it deems fit, and award the Prize, to that Winner.
- The Winner(s) shall be solely responsible to get entitled to the Prize.
- The Winner(s) agree that he/she shall not hold the Channel and/or its employees, responsible for delays in receiving the Prize.
- The Winner(s) further agrees that he/she shall not hold responsible the Channel, in the event, the Winner(s) fails to get entitled to the Prize for any reasons whatsoever and in such an event, their right to the Prize shall deem to be revoked. Further, after the Prize granted to the Winner(s) is revoked, the Channel shall be entitled at its own discretion to randomly select and declare other Winner(s), as it deems fit, and award the Prize, to that Winner(s).
- Neither the Channel nor its employees have given a guarantee regarding the Prize and the Winner(s) further agree not to hold the Channel and/or its employees, responsible with regards thereof. Further the Winner(s) waive their right, either individually and/or severally, to file in person and/or through any family member and/or third party any applications, criminal and/or civil proceedings in any courts or forum in India against the Channel to claim any damages or reliefs or otherwise.
- The participant(s) and/or Winners of the Contest shall hold harmless the Channel, its employees, officers or any other person in relation to any injury/damage/ harm/loss suffered by him/her, in any manner, whatsoever in connection with the Contest and waives his/her right to file in person/ through any family member and/or any third party applications, criminal and/or civil proceedings in any courts or forum in India against the sponsor (if any) and/or the Channel to claim any damages or reliefs.
- If due to any reason, whatsoever, beyond the control of the Channel, the Prize and/or the enjoyment of the Prize becomes ineffective or invalid, the Channel and/ or 9X shall not be responsible for the same under any circumstance whatsoever.
- The Channel is in no manner whatsoever responsible and/or shall not be held liable in any manner whatsoever, for any physical injury, death, mental trauma caused to the participant(s) and/ or Winner(s) in any manner whatsoever, including but not limited to the Contest and/or the Prize.
- Employees of the Channel and the members of their immediate family, persons with criminal convictions, minor, persons other than citizens of India are ineligible to participate in the Contest.
- Any and all taxes and/or levies applicable under the laws of India in relation to the Prize including but not limited to Income Tax Act, 1961, shall be solely borne by the participant(s) and/ or Winner(s).
- The participation of the participant(s) and/or Winners in the Contest shall mean that the participant(s) and/ or Winners has read, understood, accepted and agrees to abide with all the rules including the general rules of the Contest.
- The terms of this rules and regulations shall be construed in accordance with the laws of India and incase of any dispute or other matter arising in reference to the Contest shall be referred to a sole arbitrator appointed by 9X and shall be governed by the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996, amended from time to time. The venue for arbitration shall be Mumbai, in English language.